- Provides input into the management review and analysis of the fixed cost reports, particularly in regard accounts payable queries.
- Provides input and reports on balance sheet, payroll and fixed costs for quarterly corporate reporting.
- Prepares management reports as required relating to taxes, state incentives, and key performance metrics.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a system of internal controls.
- Prepares and maintains all documentation required by the Sarbanes Oxley Act relevant for the role; Trains and supervises all SOX testing and reporting to ensure compliance of internal controls
- Responsible for the management of Account Reconciliations
- Ensures that all critical payments made by the company by way of the payroll service provider are valid, accurate and are implemented in a timely manner
- Verifies and approves all new vendor setup systems to ensure compliance with applicable laws
- Ensures that all critical payments made by the company by way of the PeopleSoft Financials Accounts Payable system, are valid, accurate and are implemented in a timely manner
- Actively manages AP KPIs to ensure timely payment of debts to maintain good vendor relationships and compliance with company policies
- Liases with the external auditors for quarterly and annual audits and review of the statutory accounts
- Ensures that all taxes, other than direct income taxes, are calculated accurately and paid in a cost effective and timely manner
- Manages the coordination of risk management and insurance activities
- Responsible for supervising all insurance activities
- Supervises the cash management process. Ensures that quality cash forecasts are maintained to enable the investment of cash to be planned so that sufficient cash is available as commitments fall due
- Maintains relationships with the financial institutions
- Reviews forecast cash positions as required by company procedures and guidelines
- Ensures that all of the Region’s company Sales & Use tax returns are completed by their due date.
- Assists the Finance Manager in managing any audits
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of federal, state, & local taxes and State Incentive laws
- Leads and directs Financial Accounting team to ensure accurate and timely performance of designated functions
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Strong experience in staff management that includes coaching and development
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Minimum of 8 years experience
- Advanced MS Office skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Chemical Manufacturing Experience
- Sarbanes Oxley Narrative development and Testing experience
- Local and State Tax knowledge and compliance
- Federal tax knowledge and compliance
- Cash Forecasting
- Familiar with IFRS
- Experience with PeopleSoft financials