Overview of Duties:
- Oversees the day to day accounting activities for corporate and affiliated entities.
- Ensures that the Consolidated Financial Statements accurately reflect the actual financial results and financial position of the system entities.
- Oversees hiring, training and developing of accounting staff.
- Ensures that the Accounting departments have adequate internal controls.
- Directs company accounting/finance activities concerning statistical reporting, investments, cash management and budgeting activities.
- Provides advice to management to best position itself financially to meet the rapidly changing financial environment.
- Reports to CFO.
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA highly preferred.
- Prior experience in healthcare preferred.
- Multi-location, multi-state, background highly desired.
- Previous Controller-level experience, including consolidated financial statement preparation.
- Very strong spreadsheet and accounting systems experience.
- 7+ years of experience required