DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for the accurate processing and timely reporting of all financial aspects of the company and the various entities.
- Oversee all aspects of accounting to include but not limited to: Accounts Payable, Inventory Accounting, Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition, General Ledger, Payroll, Financial Statements, Revenue Recognition, Budgeting, Forecasting, Cash Management, Intercompany Transactions.
- Maintain all accounting records in an organized filing system (manual and digital) to meet any audits either internal, external or by regulatory agencies.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings and reporting.
- Ensure that the company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements unique to each line of business.
- Supervise accounting staff, currently consisting of 3 employees.
- Work closely with onsite staff at various locations to ensure that controls are being followed and that the financial information is accurate and timely.
- Prepare monthly operational financial statements for all entities in a timely manner (within 15 days of period end) for review by management.
- Ensure that all balance sheet items are reconciled timely and completely by reporting deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- Proven work experience in accounting and operational financial statement preparation and reporting.
- Ideal candidate has 8+ years of experience in accounting and handled multi-unit restaurant operations.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with non-finance staff (mainly in the restaurant/hospitality field) in a collaborative manner
- Excellent computer skills: Prefer experience in Compeat or similar software; experience in Aloha Point of Sale or similar software; Microsoft Office Suite; payroll systems.