- Daily accounting for parent company and affiliates.
- Personal and corporate tax – responsible for transmittal of information to outside CPA firm for preparation of all Federal and state tax returns and final review of returns prior to filing for all entities and owner’s personal tax returns.
- Oversight and review of all final general ledgers and financial statements.
- Supervision of 2 accountants and one administrative/clerical staff.
- Payroll and payroll taxes – use ADP.
- Obtain understanding of accounting software system and interface with software provider.
- Preparation and review of parent consolidated financials – prepare worksheets, etc. and work with outside CPA firm on finalization.
- Analytical review of financials with reporting to ownership.
- Responsible for 401k and cafeteria plan reporting, testing, audit, etc.
- Responsible for annual workman’s comp audit for all entities.
- Responsible for any other audits of entities – sales tax, income tax, etc.
- Troubleshoot and oversee all problems, questions, transactions, etc. for all entities and ownership.
- 8+ years’ experience in industry or combo of public accounting & industry.
- Multiple-entity experience required.
- Previous accounting supervisory experience.
- Accounting degree required; CPA preferred
- Experience with ADP or another payroll processor.
- Prior experience with software administration required.
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills.
- Experience with Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Understanding of basic corporate and individual Tax issues.
- Hands on experience; do what it takes attitude.