PCG is seeking an experienced Corporate Materials Manager to implement and manage all aspects of materials flow, demand planning and inventory analytics for a fast growing energy company with multiple locations throughout the continental U.S. Our client has more than doubled in size in the last year through acquisitions as well as organic growth and are looking for a leader to examine existing functions and to utilize LEAN principles to design and to standardize SOPs for materials planning, MRP, demand planning, inventory accuracy and controls, inventory analysis, requisition process, etc. This position will report directly to the Director of Supply Chain and will have a staff of 15-20 people with 6 direct reports. The current inventory levels are $50-$60mm per month but are projected to increase substantially within the next 12 months. There are currently 1,000 active vendors and approximately 4,000 SKUs.
- Establish corporate MRP process
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Operations to create forecasting model utilizing current forecasts, historical consumption, material cost and criticality.
- Work with Director of Supply Chain to develop and track supplier performance KPIs (inventory turns, on time delivery, forecast accuracy, fill rates, etc.)
- Develop inventory categorization and planning process to incorporate buy stock vs consignment inventory.
- Establish min-max levels for each category
- Monitor and report inventory levels within organization and movement of products between locations.
- Work with Supply Chain and Procurement to get input on forecast changes and make adjustments to limit company’s excess inventory.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 plus years in materials management, purchasing, inventory control, etc
- Knowledgeable in MRP systems and processes
- Experience in a large volume parts and high SKUs environment is preferred
- SAP experience in preferred but not required.
MUST BE QUALIFIED TO WORK IN THE U.S.