- Development of project design concepts, MTO estimates, man-hour estimates, etc.
- Excellent teamwork (internal & clients) and interdisciplinary coordination skills.
- Perform and check routine and complex types of calculations and designs using both computer-aided and manual design techniques.
- Supervise and lead others directing work, overseeing budgets, schedule and progress.
- Design of equipment foundations (both spread footings & deep foundations).
- Design of pipe rack and structural foundations (both spread footings & deep foundations).
- Design of steel pipe racks, miscellaneous pipe and cable tray supports, including modular and revamp work.
- Design of steel process structures, including modular and revamp work.
- Utilize vendor information and work with personnel from other disciplines, as required, for the development of designs.
- Perform squad check of vendor data and drawings from other disciplines.
- Knowledge and use of laser scan data, including use of point cloud navigation software.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards (e.g. ACI, AISC, ASCE, PIP).
- Software proficiency includes STAAD.Pro, Ram Steel, familiarity with PDMS, Tekla, and Navisworks.
- Assembly of bid and construction packages (Specifications & Drawings).
- Conduct site visits, field investigations, answer RFI’s and FCO requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering from an Accredited Program.
- Minimum 10 years related experience (completion of master's degree may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must be capable of implementing new approaches to problems.
- Previous consulting experience is a plus. Registration as a Professional Engineer.