Responsibilities include developing the facilities fixed asset strategies that could adversely affect the facility or business operations. The Reliability Engineer will provide technical support and oversee the fixed equipment mechanical integrity programs governed by API 510, 570 and 653. The Reliability Engineer will also facilitate development of the facility maintenance strategy focused on fixed equipment. This includes solving production losses through application of most effective technology and tools to enable the plant to meet its business objectives. This result is achieved by focusing on those opportunities that over a long-term period or historically have impacted the plant's measured asset capability and the opportunities identified as "high-risk" in risk assessments, reliability models and audits.
- Ensures proper completion of inspections and implementation of all environmental, safety, compliance and security requirements.
- Plans and achieves Asset Capability and Asset Mechanical Reliability based on business objectives.
- Participates in the facilitation and implementation of the Apollo RCI process to include application of the cause and effect methodology in all areas where reliability opportunities are identified and where the RCI triggers are met.
- Develops and maintains data that identifies the unit operations, equipment, process systems that identifies the value of opportunities for improvement. This long term cost of ownership evaluation includes Excel spreadsheets and JMP tools that are data driven.
- Evaluates and quantifies the impact projects such as equipment reconfiguration, design changes, equipment quality will have on the plant's objectives.
- Evaluates effectiveness of individual aspects of the PPM program by showing quantitatively the impact of failures and PPM.
- Analyzes asset utilization and cost data to develop and prioritize a list of reliability opportunities.
- Evaluates/validates the impact of corrective actions that impact availability/reliability and leverages solutions across the site.
- Provides reliability input to TICA/Project activities.
- Participates in Process Simplification, Value Engineering, Maintenance Strategy, Reliability Modeling efforts.
- Uses reliability engineering principles and tools (Weibull, RCI, FMEA) to increase AC and AMR.
- Participates in plant health study and efforts to implement corrective action to maintain or improve plant health.
- Makes recommendations for operation, repairs and replacement of plant equipment based upon history, observations, engineering, operations and maintenance best practices.
- Applies long term cost of ownership and reliability engineering principles in conjunction with the discipline teams and technical resource networks to design reliability into our purchasing requirements. provide equipment reliability and performance data to the business and leadership teams.
- Uses long term cost of ownership and reliability engineering principles to optimize spare parts stockage levels in conjunction with the MRO function.
- Develops and implements operating discipline that will improve reliability.
- Participates in reliability network activities and mentors.
- Assists the PPM coordinator in setting up the PPM programs. Uses Risk Based Inspection Techniques and programs to optimize inspection intervals and minimize negative impact on unit operations.
- Measures the efficiency of procedures and equipment reliability. Initiates Management of Change (MOC) for improvements and fast knowledge transfers.
- Executes Asset Mechanical Reliability Improvement plans in alignment with Turnaround Methodology and corresponding best practices.
- Implements and improves Corrosion Under Insulation programs and mechanical integrity.
- Recommends development and training opportunities as needed to leadership teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- BS degree in Engineering. Three years chemical plant/refinery experience with specific emphasis in maintenance or engineering roles, preferred.
- Unwavering focus on safely performing work and following compliance rules, codes and regulations.
- Ability to work as a team lead and/or team participant.
- Ability to make critical decisions, problem solve and analyze.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Motivation and initiative to get results and seek opportunities for additional responsibility.
- Capability to work effectively with peers in all departments.
- Familiar with ASME, TEMA and API codes and standards.
Direct Reports: None
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager