Responsible for providing rotating equipment reliability strategies, systems and engineering advice to allow the Maintenance Department to cost effectively achieve plant availability and reliability requirements, comply with all relevant and statutory legislation and meet the requirements of all internal Company standards and procedures.
- Works under general direction from the Reliability Supervisor and is responsible for performing detailed reliability studies and detailed calculations of component/system reliabilities.
- Originates and develops analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes.
- Maintains lifecycle evaluations of mechanical equipment in order to proactively determine, in a timely fashion, opportunities for dealing with equipment obsolescence.
- Acquires data and analyzes the data. Prepares diagram, charts, drawings, calculations and reports for defining reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Conducts an analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the reliability required for the particular situation considering the cost limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs and availability of materials/equipment.
- Determines the cost advantages of alternatives for developing action plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliability processes/equipment to avoid failures.
- Considers impact of costs on recommended action plans for avoiding/correcting problems during the design phase or remedial action for correcting reliability problems on installed equipment.
- Design, review and modify the Preventative Maintenance program (PM's) focused on rotating equipment.
- Assists with the development of the long-term maintenance strategy for the Company assets.
- Facilitates investigation to determine root cause of failure for all serious, major and potentially major reliability incidents.
- Develops and maintains equipment repair, inspection, construction and selection standards.
- Creates and reviews engineering design packages to ensure all maintenance requirements are met.
- Provides input into the capital and major maintenance plan.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic
- Networks with other Company sites to the mutual benefit of all sites
- Participates as a member of the Company Global Reliability Team, Global Rotating Equipment Team and Local Reliability Team.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database
- Contributes to the 'operational excellence' for company as an effective member of the Maintenance department
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred; or other relevant Engineering discipline
- Preferred 5-10 years experience in the Petrochemical or related industry
- Preferred 5-10 years experience with large rotating equipment (>25,000 Kw)
- Preferred 5 years Maintenance experience
- Experience with Reliability techniques and analysis
- Experience with development and implementation of Strategy
- Experience with Predictive and Preventative Maintenance programs
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
- Experience in Condition Based Monitoring, Bentley Nevada (or similar), Vibration analysis and Lubrication analysis.
- Knowledgeable in computer software such as MS Excel, MS Word, and Maximo (or other similar ERP)
- Experience in internal consulting and presentations, including strong interpersonal communication skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to formulate and communicate sound recommendations.
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good learning agility
- Self-motivated, innovative and flexible